- Collective intelligence
- Online social networks, information spreading, emergence of popularity, attention dynamics, ranking dynamics, interventions in microbloggings sites (online social-networking complex systems)
- Complex systems
- Computational social science
➡️ ORCID: 0000-0002-0036-8089 🍀
➡️ Google scholar 💎
Conferences & Talks
- “Born in Rome” or “Sleeping Beauty”: Emergence of hashtag popularity on a microblogging site, CCS2022 Palma de Mallorca, Spain; NetSci2022 Shanghai, China (online); IC2S2 2022 Chicago IL, United States (Presented by coauthor).
- Relationship between repost network evolution of trending hashtags and their ranking dynamics in microblogging complex system, Conference on Complex Systems 2021, Lyon, France.
- Emergence of Popular Hashtags and Ranking Dynamics on the Chinese Microblogging Complex System, NETWORKS 2021: A Joint Sunbelt and NetSci Conference (Online).
- Attention dynamics on the Chinese social media Sina Weibo during the COVID-19 pandemic (Poster), IC2S2 2021, ETH Zurich (Online).
- The Role of Phones in the Pandemic: A Case Study on Mobility & Twitter in Germany and Switzerland. IC2S2 2021 Datathon, ETH Zurich (Online).
- Covidpedia: Collaborative knowledge production in times of crisis. Summer Institute in Computational Social Science SICSS – Oxford (Online).
- Attention dynamics on the Chinese social media Sina Weibo during the COVID-19 pandemic, Conference on Complex Systems 2020 (Online).
- Cui, H., Kertész, J. Competition for popularity and identification of interventions on a Chinese microblogging site. https://arxiv.org/abs/2208.10176
- Cui, H., Kertész, J. “Born in Rome” or “Sleeping Beauty”: Emergence of hashtag popularity on the Chinese microblog Sina Weibo. https://arxiv.org/abs/2203.14802
- Cui, H., Kertész, J. Attention dynamics on the Chinese social media Sina Weibo during the COVID-19 pandemic. EPJ Data Sci. 10, 8 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1140/epjds/s13688-021-00263-0